City Council Agenda 8-20-18
August 20, 2018
CALL TO ORDER 5:00 PM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
A. ROLL CALL
B. CITY CLERK’S REPORT ON AGENDA POSTING
C. APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
- Presentation of Vision Sonora Award of Excellence
- Introduction, Oath and Badge Pinning of Firefighter Intern John Wheeler
E. PUBLIC COMMENT (NON-AGENDA ITEMS)
The public may address the Council on any item of public interest not otherwise on the agenda that is within the jurisdiction of the City. No action may be taken. Matters to be addressed may be referred to City Staff or placed on a subsequent meeting Agenda. Speakers are limited to a five (5) minute presentation
F. CONSENT CALENDAR
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be voted on in one motion unless a Council member or member of the public has a question or wishes to discuss an item. In that case, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered separately.
- Approve the following meeting minutes
2. Approval to pay invoices of previously budgeted expenses of August 21, 2018
3. Approval of disbursement in the amount of $167,883.44 on August 17, 2018, for payroll, inclusive of employee salaries, employer and employee taxes and retirement contributions, and miscellaneous voluntary employee deductions.
G. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Report from the City Attorney regarding the Suspension of funding for the Tuolumne County Economic Development Authority while the Management Audit is pending
H. PUBLIC HEARINGS
I. NEW BUSINESS
- Consideration to close Lower Sunset Street bewteen Bradford and West Jackson Streets on September 22, 2018 from 8:00am to 5:00pm for Museum Day
- Consideration to to provide staff direction regarding design choices for gateway signage and the transit shelter for the Stockton/Washington Downtown Transit and Accessibility Improvement Project.
- Consideration to approve City responses to the Tuolumne County Grand Jury findings and recommendations for the City of Sonora addressing a public discussion concerning a tax increase for roads; and, funding of a management audit of the Tuolumne County Economic Development Authority and authorize the City Administrator to sign on behalf of the City
- Consideration to adopt Resolution No. 08-20-2018-A accepting the Volunteer Firefighter Assistance grant in the amount of $11,600 and allocating $5,800 from Fund 303 (General Fund) as the local match
- Consideration to designate voting delegate(s) and alternate(s) to the League of California Cities Annual Conference
J. MONTHLY REPORTS
K. VISION SONORA COMMITTEE REPORT
M. COUNCILMEMBER/DEPARTMENT HEAD REPORTS.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator at City Hall (209) 532-4541, firstname.lastname@example.org. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Administrator’s Office at 94 N. Washington Street, Sonora, CA 95370 during normal business hours (8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays). The agenda and supporting public documents are also available on our City website www.sonoraca.com listed under the agenda/minutes link on the Government page.