- City Council
94 North Washington Street
Sonora, CA 95370
CALL TO ORDER 5:00 PM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- CITY CLERK’S REPORT ON AGENDA POSTING
- APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
- Presentation – Mike McDaniel
- Introduction – Chris Gorsky, Administrative Services Director
- PUBLIC COMMENT (NON-AGENDA ITEMS)
The public may address the Council on any item of public interest not otherwise on the agenda that is within the jurisdiction of the City. No action may be taken. Matters to be addressed may be referred to City Staff or placed on a subsequent meeting Agenda. Speakers are limited to a five (5) minute presentation
- CONSENT CALENDAR
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be voted on in one motion unless a Council member or member of the public has a question or wishes to discuss an item. In that case, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered separately.
- Approve the following meeting minutes
- City Council Special Meeting of July 16, 2018
- City Council Open Session Meeting of July 16, 2018
- Approval to pay invoices of previously budgeted expenses of August 7, 2018
- Approval of disbursement in the amount of $154,878.52 on July 20, 2018, and $212,331.07 on August 3, 2018 for payroll, inclusive of employee salaries, employer and employee taxes and retirement contributions, and miscellaneous voluntary employee deductions.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Consideration to confirm the Mayor’s appointments to the City Committees and Community and Government Committees
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- NEW BUSINESS
- Consideration to authorize the possession and consumption of alcohol on Linoberg Street and part of the Sonora Tap Room August 25th “Summer Kick-Off” event
- Consideration to designate a transit stop location for the Stockton/Washington Downtown Transit and Accessibility Improvement Project at either Washington Street between Stockton and Church Streets or Stockton Street west of Green Street.
- Discussion and possible direction regarding the issues identified during the Tuolumne County Grand Jury recommendations for the City of Sonora including a public discussion concerning a tax increase for roads and the funding of a management audit of the Tuolumne County Economic Development Authority
- Discussion and possible direction regarding the issues identified during the Tuolumne County Grand Jury investigation of the Tuolumne County Economic Development Authority and the findings and recommendations contained in the 2017/2018 Tuolumne County Grand Jury Report
- MONTHLY REPORTS
- VISION SONORA COMMITTEE REPORT
- Consideration to support the League of California Cities Central Valley Division Resolution in opposition to Proposition 6
- COUNCILMEMBER/DEPARTMENT HEAD REPORTS.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator at City Hall (209) 532-4541, email@example.com.Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II).
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Administrator’s Office at 94 N. Washington Street, Sonora, CA 95370 during normal business hours (8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays). The agenda and supporting public documents are also available on our City website www.sonoraca.com listed under the agenda/minutes link on the Government page.