City Council 8-19-19
City of Sonora
City Council Open Session Meeting
August 19, 2019
Call To Order
Pledge of Allegiance
A. Roll Call
B. City Clerk’s Report on Agenda Posting
C. Approval of the Agenda
E. Public Comment (Non-Agenda Items)
The public may address the Council on any item of public interest not otherwise on the agenda that is within the jurisdiction of the City. No action may be taken. Matters to be addressed may be referred to City Staff or placed on a subsequent meeting Agenda. Speakers are limited to a five (5) minute presentation
F. Consent Calendar
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be voted on in one motion unless a Council member or member of the public has a question or wishes to discuss an item. In that case, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered separately.
1. Approve the following meeting minutes:
a. City Council Closed Session Meeting of August 5, 2019
b. City Council Open Session Meeting o August 5, 2019
2. Approval to pay invoices of previously budgeted expenses on August 20, 2019
3. Approval of disbursements in the amount of $148,908.43 on August 16, 2019 for payroll, inclusive of employee salaries, employer and employee taxes and retirement contributions, miscellaneous voluntary employee deductions, retrospective pay, holiday pay and equity adjustments
G. Unfinished Business
1. Consideration to waive the second reading and adopt Ordinance No. 859 amending Section 4.04.020, regarding franchise requirements, and adding Chapter 4.11, State Video Franchises, to the Sonora Municipal Code establishing a Public, Educational, and Government (PEG) fee.
H. Public Hearings
I. New Business
1. Consideration to adopt Resolution No. 08-19-2019-A approving a funding agreement for Give Someone A Chance (GSAC) to provide portable toilets at the Stockton Road homeless camp.
2. Presentation by the Community Development Director on the update to the Housing Element of the City of Sonora General Plan.
3. Consideration to cancel the September 3, 2019 City Council Meeting.
J. Monthly Reports
1. Community Development Department
K. Vision Sonora Committee Report
M. Council Member/Department Head Reports
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator at City Hall (209) 532-4541, firstname.lastname@example.org. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II).
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Administrator’s Office at 94 N. Washington Street, Sonora, CA 95370 during normal business hours (8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays). The agenda and supporting public documents are also available on our City website www.sonoraca.com listed under the agenda/minutes link on the Government page.