City Council 3-2-20
City of Sonora
City Council Open Session Meeting
City Hall Council Chambers
94 N. Washington St.
Sonora, CA 95370
March 2, 2020
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
A. ROLL CALL
B. CITY CLERK’S REPORT ON AGENDA POSTING
C. APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
Employee of the Year Recognition by Departments
E. PUBLIC COMMENT (NON-AGENDA ITEMS)
The public may address the Council on any item of public interest not otherwise on the agenda that is within the jurisdiction of the City. No action may be taken. Matters to be addressed may be referred to City Staff or placed on a subsequent meeting Agenda. Speakers are limited to a five (5) minute presentation
F. CONSENT CALENDAR
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be voted on in one motion unless a Council member or member of the public has a question or wishes to discuss an item. In that case, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered separately.
- Approval of disbursement in the amount of $143,421.94 for payroll, inclusive of employee salaries, employer and employee taxes and retirement contributions and miscellaneous, voluntary employee deductions.
G. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
H. PUBLIC HEARINGS
I. NEW BUSINESSES
1. Approve the authorize the Mayor to sign a letter to the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) in support of Tuolumne Utilities District’s (TUD) Spring Gap Draft Pinecrest Lake Level Amendment.
2. Accept the 2019 Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) Resilience Allocation from the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services in the amount of $217,551.
3. Authorize the Sonora Fire Department to electronically submit Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Grants, authorize the City Administrator and/or Fire Chief to return to the City Council with the application results and to accept the awards.
4. Receive the FY 2019-2020 Mid-Year Budget Review
J. MONTHLY REPORTS
K. VISION SONORA COMMITTEE REPORT
M. COUNCIL MEMBER/DEPARTMENT HEADS REPORTS
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator at City Hall (209) 532-4541, firstname.lastname@example.org. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II).
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Administrator’s Office at 94 N. Washington Street, Sonora, CA 95370 during normal business hours (8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays). The agenda and supporting public documents are also available on our City website www.sonoraca.com listed under the agenda/minutes link on the Government page.