City of Sonora
City Council Open Session Meeting
November 4, 2019
City Hall Council Chambers
94 N. Washington St.
Sonora, CA 95370
CALL TO ORDER 5:00 PM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
A. ROLL CALL
B.CITY CLERK’S REPORT ON AGENDA POSTING
C. APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
a.Introduction School Resource Officer – Mikale Bell
E. PUBLIC COMMENT (NON-AGENDA ITEMS)
The public may address the Council on any item of public interest not otherwise on the agenda that is within the jurisdiction of the City. No action may be taken. Matters to be addressed may be referred to City Staff or placed on a subsequent meeting Agenda. Speakers are limited to a five (5) minute presentation
F. CONSENT CALENDAR
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be voted on in one motion unless a Council member or member of the public has a question or wishes to discuss an item. In that case, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered separately.
1. Approve the following meeting minutes
a. City Council Open Session Meeting of September 16, 2019
2. Approval to pay invoices of previously budgeted expenses on November 5, 2019
3. Approval of disbursements in the amount $149,795.72 on October 25, 2019 for payroll, inclusive of employee salaries, employer and employee taxes and retirement contributions and miscellaneous voluntary employee deductions
4. Letter of Support of the County’s CCI Grant fire fuels reduction plan for area schools
H. PUBLIC HEARINGS
I. NEW BUSINESS
1. Agreement Authorization – Linoberg Project
2. Consideration to agendise for discussion and possible action a ballot measure for a TOT and/or Sales Tax increase to provide general fund revenues
3. Consideration to adopt Resolution No. 11-04-2019-A designating the City Administrator and the Administrator Service Director to be the authorized agents to engage with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Governs Office of Emergency Services (CalOES) regarding grants applied for by the City of Sonora
4. Consideration to adopt Resolution No. 11-04-2019-B calling for a general municipal election for the submission of a proposed ballot measure to change the position of the City Clerk / Treasurer from an elected position to an appointed position.
5. Consideration to adopt Resolution NO. 11-04-2019-C accepting the Assistance to Firefighter Grant for a Type 1 Urban interface Fire Engine.
J. MONTHLY REPORTS
K.VISION SONORA COMMITTEE REPORT
M. COUNCIL MEMBER/DEPARTMENT HEAD REPORTS
N. ADJOURNMENT(Conference Room)
1. Public Employee Appointed -Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b)(1): City Manager
O. RECONVENE INTO OPEN SESSION/ City Council Chambers
1. Announce Action Taken, if any, during Closed Session
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator at City Hall (209) 532-4541, email@example.com. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II).
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Administrator’s Office at 94 N. Washington Street, Sonora, CA 95370 during normal business hours (8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays). The agenda and supporting public documents are also available on our City website www.sonoraca.com listed under the agenda/minutes link on the Government page.