City Council 11-18-19
CITY COUNCIL OPEN SESSION MEETING
City Hall Council Chambers
94 North Washington Street
Sonora, CA 95370
November 18, 2019
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CITY CLERK‘S REPORT ON AGENDA POSTING
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
PUBLIC COMMENT (NON-AGENDA ITEMS)
The public may address the Council on any item of public interest not otherwise on the agenda that is within the jurisdiction of the City. No action may be taken. Matters to be addressed may be referred to City Staff or placed on a subsequent meeting Agenda. Speakers are limited to a five (5) minute presentation
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be voted on in one motion unless a Council member or member of the public has a question or wishes to discuss an item. In that case, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered separately.
1. Approve the following meeting minutes
- City Council Open Session Meeting of October 7, 2019
- Approval to pay invoices of previously budgeted expenses on November 19,
- Approval of disbursements in the amount $158,674.88 on November 8, 2019 for payroll, inclusive of employee salaries, employer and employee taxes and retirement contributions and miscellaneous voluntary employee deductions
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- Consideration to waive the first reading and introduce Ordinance 862, Loading Zones
- Consideration to waive the first reading and introduce Ordinance 863, Trespass on Private or Business Premises Prohibited
Consideration of Ordinance 864 amending Section 2.48.190, Dismissal Notice Of Chapter 2.48, Administrative Officer, of the Sonora Municipal Code to remove the ninety (90) Day written notice requirement for the dismissal of the City Administrator
- NEW BUSINESS
- Consideration to accept the Fiscal Year 2019-20 First Quarter Budget Update and Status Report.
- Consideration to adopt Resolution No. 11-18-2019-A approving an application, and receipt of SB2 Planning Grants Program Funding and authorize the City Administrator to execute the grant
- Consideration of appointment of a subcommittee of two (2) members of the City Council to file arguments in favor of, and rebuttal arguments submitted against, a ballot measure to change the City Clerk/Treasurer from an elected to an appointed position
- MONTHLY REPORTS
- Community Development Department
- VISION SONORA COMMITTEE REPORT
- M. COUNCIL MEMBER/DEPARTMENT HEAD REPORTS
- P. ADJOURNMENT
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator at City Hall (209) 532-4541, rkellogg@sonoraca. com. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting (28 CFR 35.102–35.104 ADA Title II).
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Administrator‘s Office at 94 N. Washington Street, Sonora, CA 95370 during normal business hours (8:00am-4:00pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays). The agenda and supporting public documents are also available on our City website www.sonoraca.com listed under the agenda/minutes link on the Government page.