State Board of Equalization Resale Certificate

You must obtain a resale certificate if you:

  • Are engaged in business in California.
  • Intend to sell product, as is, or as a physical part of another product, in your regular business operations.

THERE IS NO LOCAL STATE BOARD OF EQUALIZATION OFFICE IN SONORA. You can get an application for a resale certificate mailed to you by calling 1-800-400-7115 or check out their website at

City of Sonora
Chris Gorsky, Administrative Services Director
Tracy Skelly, Administrative Analyst
Darlene Gibson, Finance Assistant
94 N. Washington Street
Sonora, CA, 95370
Phone: (209) 532-4541
Fax: (209) 532-2738

Business Hours:
Monday – Friday
8 am – 4 pm (excluding Holidays)
Phone: (209) 532-4541
Fax: (209) 532-2738