City Council Agenda
CALL TO ORDER 5:00 PM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
A. ROLL CALL
B. CITY CLERK’S REPORT ON AGENDA POSTING
C. APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
E. PUBLIC COMMENT (NON-AGENDA ITEMS)
The public may address the Council on any item of public interest not otherwise on the agenda that is within the jurisdiction of the City. No action may be taken. Matters to be addressed may be referred to City Staff or placed on a subsequent meeting Agenda. Speakers are limited to a five (5) minute presentation
F. CONSENT CALENDAR
Items on the Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be voted on in one motion unless a Council member or member of the public has a question or wishes to discuss an item. In that case, the item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered separately.
- Approve the following meeting minutes
a. City Council Open Session Meeting of April 16, 2018
2. Approval to pay invoices of previously budgeted expenses of May 8, 2018
3. Approval of disbursement in the amount of $137,106.01 on April 27, 2018, for payroll, inclusive of employee salaries, employer and employee taxes and retirement contributions, and miscellaneous voluntary employee deductions.
G. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
H. PUBLIC HEARINGS
- Consideration to introduce and waiver the first reading of the Ordinance No. 849, amending Section 17.60.040 of the Sonora Municipal Code, regarding uses in specific related to cannabis businessess
I. NEW BUSINESS
- Consideration to allow the temporary closure and the possession and consumtion and possession of alcohol at Coffill Park on on June 8, July 14, August 11, September 8 and October 12 during the Summer Concert Series sponsored by the Sonora Chamber
- Discussion and consideration of the City’s options related to the Homeless Task Force recommendation to facilitate a County-wide task force to develop a County-wide plan for homelessness
- Consideration to authorize the Mayor to sign a letter on behalf of the City committing to maintain the current stffing levels of the Fire Department during the period of performance for the 2017 SAFER Grant
J. MONTHLY REPORTS
K. VISION SONORA COMMITTEE REPORT
M. COUNCILMEMBER/DEPARTMENT HEAD REPORTS.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator at City Hall (209) 532-4541, firstname.lastname@example.org. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Administrator’s Office at 94 N. Washington Street, Sonora, CA 95370 during normal business hours (8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays). The agenda and supporting public documents are also available on our City website www.sonoraca.com listed under the agenda/minutes link on the Government page.